CUSTOM PROMOTIONAL GIFTS FOR HOLIDAYS
In the words of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, “I heard the bells on Christmas Day; their old familiar carols play and wild and sweet the words repeat of peace on earth, Goodwill to men.”
It is that time of the year again that is usually characterized by a hurly-burly shopping spree, that great time to remind everyone that you care about them; be it your employees, clients, and business visitors. What perfect way to show them of your gratitude than a Custom Promotional Gifts for the holidays. Deducing from National Retail Federation reports which indicates that retailers generate about 40 percent of their annual revenue in this quarter; it is observed that consumer’s demand heat map ascends between mid-November through mid-January. Cognizant of this trend as a progressive organization, what is your goal for this quarter? Abreast of your competitor’s motives of garnering more sales, what marketing strategy are you employing? And with so many options available why would someone choose to purchase from your company? How are you supposed to reach them and with what appeal?
The goal for this fourth quarter should be to increase sales and to do this you have to appreciate your best employees, loyal customers, and business visitors and well with customized Gifts and incentives. It might interest you to know that about 68 percent of USA Holiday shoppers indicated that deals and promotions played an integral part in their purchase decisions during this period. Therefore, in your quest to beat your competitors to their game, you have to be sure of what technique they are using and seek for ways to counter it.
Every organization is implementing the use of promotional Gifts to appreciate customers during the Holidays, but if you are not careful, you might as well hamstring the holistic essence of this venture. You might give banal or regular gifts, and your business might be termed not to care, or you give too much, and it conflicts with that organization’s Gift policy. However, it is advisable to consider the usefulness, durability, and trending nature of a Holiday Gift before it is churned out to the recipient to avoid sending an insulting cheap Gift.
European Commission reports of 2016 on who spends the most on their holidays show that Luxembourg residents spent about 740 Euro per trip and residents of Austria, and Malta spent 610 Euro and 590 Euros respectively. Thus on the average, EU residents spent about 320 Euro per trip in 2015, knowing that your employees or customers are likely to travel this period, in opting for a Gift, it is ideal you make a choice that will be appreciated and can stay longer with them.
For example, a custom designer scarf will be more appreciated by female fashion enthusiasts, so will a custom golf apparel will be loved by a Golfer. Typical holiday Gifts include:
- Food baskets
- Bottles of wine
- Christmas trees
- Custom Desk accessories
- Gift cards and personalized apparels.
There are a variety of reasons for you to give corporate Holiday Gifts for holidays, which is to promote the Goodwill within your organization, strengthen business to business and business to Customers relationships and more importantly to lure new customers to your organization. Though, there are few hurdles in trying to provide for promotional Gifts for holidays that is why it is pertinent you start up early with your Promotional Gifts logistics (knowing if it is a uniform gift for everyone, the quantity you will require, and your budget) to avoid rush orders so that you can meet with your aim within this quarter.
Why you should personalize your Promotional Gifts for Holidays?
Do you know about 38 percent of businesses do not use personification in their promotional items?
Customizing a holiday Gift adds immeasurable value to the item thus it endears such product to the consumer/recipient. The essence of using Custom Promotional Gifts is to promote your brand, and when an apparel or items with your brand name is regularly used, it opens your business to an avalanche of new possibilities which is healthy to the growth of your business.
Customizing your Gifts with the recipient’s name might incur extra cost, but it is worth every penny.
Factors to consider before implementing a Custom Promotional Gifts for the Holidays:
- Budget: Yes budget, you have to be sure of the amount you are willing to spend for the project, if it is a one Gift for everyone then it would not cost much but if you are to customize with the name of the recipient then you might have to embrace a little higher budget to achieve this lofty goal.
- Purpose: Every promotional item comes with an objective, which might be either to appreciate old customers, business partners or either to seek new ones. A Gift for a business partner who give you a contract worth over a million dollar annually shouldn’t be commensurate with that of your regular staff; it should serve its intent.
- Gift Policy: There are quite some businesses that frown at Gifts or do not receive a certain amount of gifts, so it is pertinent you verify and seek from a reliable source before considering giving such an organization Holiday Gifts to avoid embarrassments.
- The ambiance of the holiday: Another essential factor is the message of the Holiday Gift it must be by the atmosphere of the festive period. It would not be bad taking a cue from Coca Cola’s Christmas message “peace to the earth,” which was in uniformity with the celebration of Christmas.
- Do your research and know your recipients: According to a survey conducted by Statista in 2016, the vast majority of the respondents indicated their interests to celebrate the Holiday with about 5 percent stating that they would not be joining the celebrations. Therefore, it is ideal to know your recipient if he falls within this 5 percent because not everyone celebrates Christmas.
- Gift Level: In implementing this lofty project you have to develop a point system or a schedule where the different level of Gifts are indicated ranging from managers, supervisors, and the low-level staffs thus these levels of management requires distinct gifts.
Companies sometimes engage in some avoidable mistakes when trying to use Promotional Gift items, although the intentions were good but it is advisable to know these errors that are usually rampant with most Business Holiday Gifts.
Practices to avoid:
Giving Gifts to a Former client: In as much that many will see this as a great idea but umpteen times its purpose is usually misinterpreted, and it can lead to a waste of a resource that would have been channeled to a better marketing strategy.
Assumptions: It is better to be conservative than assuming that majority of your clients are male and as such there is predominantly male Custom Gifts for the holiday to be given. This might be a wrong conception and can limit the purpose of the project. Best practices are to have a centralized database of your customers, which shows their descriptions and can be used in determining the kind of Products that will be widely accepted. But in a scenario where a centralized data is unavailable, you can always utilize unisex Gifts.
Providing Gift Suppliers with no budget: The best practice is to provide the service providers with a template to work with; merely indicating that you want a Gift to be supplied with the right budget to work with can induce more costs.
Lackluster or banal Promotional Gifts: Don’t ever send merely Promotional Gifts, it should commensurate with the Holiday feelings, customized, and it should be a trending Gift.
Corporate Promotional Gift giving is an art and science in the sense that you are burdened with selecting what to give, creating goodwill without indirectly or knowingly favoring a staff or compromising business relationship. Also, it is a science because it involves planning and deciding who gets a Gift, budgets, and Logistics, and all these can be hectic, so it is ideal you engage a Custom Promotional Gift service providing company that can take this burden off you.
Should you require additional assistance in finding the right custom promotional gifts for the upcoming holidays, please contact us using either our live chat (available from 9:00am to 5:30pm EST from Monday to Friday); call us on (301) 963-3553 or simply use our contact form to send us an email and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day.