Disaster Donation Campaign
We all have seen the pictures on news and other media outlets that are coming in from Texas as it slowly starts to rise from the devastation caused by hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Harvey formed on August 17, 2017 made landfall in southern Texas on August 25 and is currently active. Hurricane Harvey was the first major hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Wilma in 2005, ending a record 12-year period with no hurricanes of Category 3 intensity or higher making landfall in the United States. In a four-day period, many areas received more than 40 inches of rain as the system meandered over eastern Texas and adjacent waters, causing catastrophic flooding. Harvey has caused at least 47 confirmed deaths. Catastrophic inland flooding is ongoing in the Greater Houston metropolitan area. FEMA called Harvey the worst disaster in Texas history, and expected the recovery to take many years. Preliminary estimates of economic losses with a large portion of losses sustained by uninsured homeowners.
Meteorologist were closing monitoring Hurricane Harvey before it started taking any shape and raised concerns over its potential, to become major hurricane to make landfall in United States. FEMA worked with the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prepare for the storm and its aftermath. The agency placed disaster response teams on standby at emergency posts in Austin, Texas, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath continues to cause huge damages in considerable loss of life, many government agencies are working to provide aid, evacuation to shelters, clothing, food and other disaster relief items.
Hurricane Irma hit multiple Caribbean islands, including Barbuda, St. Martin, and St. Barts, on Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017, as a Category 5 storm. The powerful hurricane, with historic wind speeds, then made landfall in Cuba, on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. Irma plowed into the Florida Keys as a Category 4 storm on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017, and made its way up northeast Florida toward Georgia. Several people have lost their lives to Hurricane Irma, and major damage has been reported from the Caribbean islands to Florida. Irma destroyed 90% of Barbuda, according to its Prime Minister Gaston Brown, and the small island nation, as well as Cuba and parts of Florida, are reeling in its aftermath. Millions of people are without power and thousands have been displaced from their homes.
Digitized Logos Inc. would like to take a moment to for all those who suffered heartbreaking losses in this natural disaster and pledges to contributed to the relief effort. To ensure a speedy recovery from this natural disaster, it would require a national effort. If everybody chipping in a little it can make a huge impact. Texas may be called the Lone Star state, but this time they cannot do it alone. Digitized Logos Inc. pledges to donate 5% (excluding shipping and taxes) each time you make a purchase of promotional products from us through the disaster donation program. We would also like to take this opportunity, to encourage others to do the needful to help the cause. We believe in making a big difference with small actions no help is too small, and every donation of time, goods, or money is incredibly valued. With the help of local law enforcement and organizations, they can get the supplies people need to where they can do the most good.
In collaboration with GlobalGiving.org, Digitized Logos is launching this special campaign to bring some additional contribution, all donations will support relief and recovery efforts in affected regions. The fund will help first responders meet survivors’ immediate needs, including the provision of shelter, medical care, food, and clean water. Once initial relief work is complete, this fund will transition to support longer-term recovery efforts run by vetted, local organizations.
How to Participate?
It is very simple to participate to our donation program:
- Search for your required product(s) using our advanced search system.
- When you find the right product, add the required quantity, color etc. wherever applicable and click on the add to card button.
- Select the deadline date when you need the product(s) in hand, add any other optional required information such as text, artwork requirements etc. and click on the Add to Cart button located at the bottom of the page one more time.
- On the next page, check if you have added all required information correctly, you should see all items added to your cart, check for the items, quantity etc. and click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Enter your billing and shipping information, if you are an existing customer, these information should be pulled up automatically by the system, if you are a new customer, make sure all information are entered correctly as these information will be used for order processing and shipping.
- Under the “Your Information” section, you should see the option “Donate part of your order’s subtotal? (Optional)”, select any of the donation option available from the drop down list and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- On the next page, select your preferred shipping method, enter your payment details and click on the “Submit” button.
That’s it, your order will be submitted and our sales department will do the needful for the donation and you’ll receive an email from us once the donation has been processed.
Should you require assistance or have questions, please contact us anytime using either our live chat (available from 9:00am to 5:30pm EST from Monday to Friday); call us on (301) 963-3553 or simply use our contact form to send us an email and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day.